I’m not much into making resolutions. I try to live life without resolutions and try to solve issues and make decisions on a daily basis, thus no need for making promises to myself on the first day of the year. But, I’m going to try to come up with a list of things anyway, not necessarily promises, but things I’d like to address or do this year that I think will make my life more significant and happy.
1) Try not to be shallow or have preconceived notions about others.
2) Spend less time on a computer or looking at any screen for that matter.
3) Practice mindfulness: state of active, open attention on the present. I think this applies to above.
4) Race new races and travel to new places to race my bike, even though my results will suffer because of it.
5) Try to read more, books, not online.
6) Make a bucket list. (I doubt I’ll do this one, since I like I said above, I live my life in such a way that I cross things off the “imaginary” bucket list before I know I want to put them there.)
7) Ride my bike or walk more to do errands.
8) Address health issues even if it “interferes” with bike racing.
9) Listen to more music.
10) Sleep more.
Kind of a lame list, but we were out pretty late, well after midnight, snow shoeing at -26 and my mind is running a little slow. Hope you all have a great New Year.
We’ve been doing this at all temperatures. It works best when it is colder, but works about any temperature below freezing. It is so cool, you have to watch it.